Saturday, July 30, 2011

Been awhile!

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything! It's summer, and I live in gorgeous Duluth, so yeah, probably not as much until it gets cold, lol!

The big news? I got connected to my new and first pump this month on the 25th. It has been 5 days so far. My blood sugars immediately went between 94 and 140, and maintain, not to much jumping around as I was told to expect. So far I love it. But am still adjusting. Adjusting to this thing connected to me with a tube. Showers are different. I am still scared to sleep on it, which isn't good since I can only sleep on my right side, and I need to rotate! Nervous to put it anywhere but my stomach. I have to change the infusion site tonight.... Going to have to switch sides or do my leg.... Not to keen on my backside as was suggested, plus how the hell? I can't reach enough to inject, lol! But I have been sleeping better. Depression is a little better. I have laughed more this week then I have for months, I just feel better, so I can def say it is worth it at this point.

And for anyone who might stumble upon this blog, please feel free to leave tips and comments. I have had diabetes for 17 years, and have just now given in to the pump.... this is all new to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment